Here is a Christmas card I made using a fun technique called ‘smooshing’. I watched Kristina Werner’s You Tube video to learn how to do it.
The background is created using distress inks (chipped sapphire, dusty concord, shaded lilac) smooshed into the watercolour paper using a piece of acetate (I just used the packaging from a stamp set). I then used some pearlescent acrylic inks I’ve owned for about 10 years and never even opened (yikes!) and flicked them on with a brush.
While I waited for the piece to dry I die-cut the word ‘Joy’ (which comes from Lawn Fawn), and the reindeer (which came with the snowflake too – bargain). I stuck everything down using Glossy accents, and overall I’m really happy with this as a first attempt/experiment.
I think I will definitely using the smooshing technique again in the future – it was fun and the results were pretty snazzy (if I say so myself).
Have a great week!
I couldn’t help myself – I had to make something else with my Lawn Fawn stamps & dies.
This one is very similar to my Joyful Wishes card – mainly because I don’t own many Lawn Fawn stamps.
I watercoloured the background using Distress inks, then used Copics to colour the stamped images.
I used a mask to put the party hat on the fox. I did this by stamping the party hat first on to my cardstock, then I stamped it again on to a post-it note. I cut out the hat on the Post-it note and stuck it over the top of the hat I’d stamped on the cardstock. Then I stamped the fox on to the cardstock – the line the top of his head would have made ended up on the post-it note, so when I removed the Post-it, it looked like the hat it sitting on top of the head of the fox.
I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen on the balloon and the hat, as well as glossy accents to make them look shiny.
Have a great week
For this weeks card I played around with some of the last craft items that I actually purchased before my challenge began.
I love Lawn Fawn products…..seriously. L-O-V-E. They are super cute.
I made this scene by first stamping out all the trees, critters, and other little bits and pieces on to copic quality cardstock. I then coloured them in using my Copic markers and cut them out using their coordinating dies. No way would I try to fussy cut these things!
Then I cut out the stitched hillsides and worked out where I wanted to put them on my card, this then formed the basis of where my background watercolour piece (the blue part) needed to start. I cut a piece of watercolour paper to size and then used a pencil to mark out where the top hill would finish. I then coloured the background using Distress Inks from Ranger.
Once the background was dry I could start assembling the card. I stamped the sentiment on the watercolour background then began to layer all my pieces onto my card. Each snow drift is on dimensional adhesive so it really pops up!
Finally, I added my Wink of Stella clear pen to the ornaments, holly, acorn, and stars. I used glossy accents on the ornaments and the holly berries to give them even more dimension.
This is definitely not one that I would send in the mail! This will be hand delivered to someone special.
Have a great week!