This week I tried my hand at using a Sizzix Flip-it die, I really liked making this card!
I’ve also never tried to emboss anything before, so I’m really happy with how the bird turned out. I don’t own a heat gun, so I just turned the grill section of my oven on low and put the piece of card-stock in there for about 15 seconds – it works great!
I also have a tip about adding some extra interest to the sentiment tag – I cut 2 of the same shapes, one out of light blue, the other out of dark blue. Then I cut the dark blue one in half and positioned it so that it stuck out a bit further than the light blue shape. It gives it a bit of a funky art-deco feel.
- Card base: Officeworks card-stock
- Patterned paper: My Mind’s Eye – Stella & Rose (Retired)
- Plain card: Officeworks card-stock
- Flip-it Die: Movers and Shapers – Square Flip-it
- Sentiment Tag: Sizzix Framelits – Labels, Majestic
- Embossing powder: Stampendous – Detail Silver
- Bird Stamp: Sizzix – For the Record
- Sentiment sticker: My stash