This was my first real attempt at making a card. I’d seen some You Tube videos on card making and I was pretty keen to try it for myself. The inspiration picture I used was from Karen at KC Paperlady. I think her work is amazing. Unfortunately I don’t own any Stampin’ Up products, nor do I own very many dies or embossing folders. At the time I didn’t even have a paper trimmer. Just scissors, a pencil, and a ruler !
Still, you work with what you’ve got right? I’m pretty happy with the result, but I think if I was doing it over again there are a few things I’d do differently…….
- Card Base: Lincraft Plain Card
- Plain Paper: My stash 🙂
- Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye – Stella & Rose (Retired)
- Die: QuickKutz Nesting Square Doilies
- Embossing Folder: Sizzix – Classical Beauty
- Greeting Stamp: Kaisercraft
- Paper Flower: Arthur Daley’s Clearance House
- Faux Pearl: Arthur Daley’s Clearance House
My favourite part is the flower. I dyed it myself just by lightly swiping a stamp pad over the top. I really like the effect. If I was making it again (and who knows, I might) I would definitely use my new paper trimmer and try to measure things a little more accurately!
I still don’t have a lucky recipient for this one…..maybe mum a little later in the year 🙂